Our Foundation is extremely excited to reveal the amount of The William D. Squires Scholarship award has been increased from $3,000 to $4,000 per year for the Class of 2018! It is renewable for a maximum total of $16,000!
This scholarship is for Ohio high school seniors. It is primarily financial need-based. Students must also be highly motivated and have a clearly defined career goal. Applications will be accepted from February 15th until the postmark deadline of April 5th.
We do not restrict your choice of careers but we do require that you have made a decision about your career path. Ideally, you have already been working towards your career goal.
Our recipients have studied everything from food science to music and engineering. From nursing and all areas of the health sciences to entrepreneurship. So, whether your goal is to help save the planet or other career goal, we hope you apply for our scholarship. No matter what career you have selected, we would like to help you make it a reality.
What career have you selected?
If you are interested in applying, please understand that there are strict eligibility requirements. We highly recommend that you review these five requirements before printing the application.
Eligibility Requirements to apply for The William D. Squires Scholarship:
- Applicants must be seniors, residing in Ohio, graduating from an Ohio high school in 2018.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need. The EFC on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) must be less than $7,000 to apply. In addition, your college Financial Aid Award letter must show a minimum $4,000 need.
- Applicants must have a specific career goal, be highly motivated, and have a burning desire to reach that career goal.
- Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited 4 year post-secondary educational institution on a full-time basis by the end of 2018. The school of choice does not need to be in Ohio but must have a program leading to a degree in the student’s chosen field.
- Although this is not an academically based scholarship, applicants must demonstrate academic promise and good character. A minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA is required.
If you have met all five requirements, that’s FANTASTIC! You are eligible to apply for our scholarship. Detailed eligibility requirements and instructions will be included when you print the application.
You will be asked to complete and submit pages 5-8 of the application, an essay, 2 letters of recommendation, your transcripts, class schedule and your finalized Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA.
If you have further questions after reviewing the instructions, please refer to our Q&A page or email the Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to learn more About the Foundation? Information about Mr. William D. Squires and the history of the Foundation are included on this page.
Would you like to see our previous recipients? Recipients
Good luck to you in your pursuit of a higher education.